When a crime is committed it can have significant, yet varying consequences, on individual who became the victim of the crime and his family. The devastating impact of crime results in emotional, psychological, physical as well as financial consequences. If the head of the family is killed or injured in crime, the family is left without the main breadwinner. Killing or seriously injuring the earning member of the household as a result of the crime will deprive a family of their livelihood.
As part of strengthening the victim support services in the State, Department of Social Justice has started a novel initiative called ‘Jeevanam’ which provides financial aid to the dependents as well as victims of crime. An amount of Rs. 20,000/- will be provided as one time assistance. The assistance amount would benefit those who were struggling to make a living, including dependents of the victims of the crime and those with serious injuries.
(1) The applicant must be either the person who has been seriously injured in a crime
(2) Or must be a dependent - Wife/Husband/Unmarried son or daughter of the victim of the crime.
(3) The annual income of the family should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
(4) Must have applied within 5 years of the crime.
(5) The amount will be transferred to the respective applicant’s bank account.
(6) The beneficiary selected for the grant- in–aid is required to execute an agreement with the Department of social justice on a stamp paper of Rs.200/- to meet the above criteria.
How to apply
The duly filled application along with supporting documents has to be submitted to the District Probation Office concerned.
|GOs||Jeevanam self-employment scheme to dependents of crime victims|
|Application Forms||Jeevanam self-employment scheme to dependents of crime victims|